For those of you in the ESX space who are religious about your installation and deployment of Host Utility Kits (I hope you are!) 5.1 has just been announced! Hooray!
ESX Host Utilities 5.1 contain the following new features:
- Support for ESX 4.0 hosts.
- Support for role-based access control (RBAC) user names so that root access to storage controllers is not required.
- The mbralign program that fixes misaligned VMDK partitions.
- New timeout values added to config_hba to support software iSCSI initiators on 10 Gb Ethernet. Check the Interoperability Matrix for supported 10 Gb configurations.
- Updated SNIA API libraries for Emulex and QLogic adapters.
- An -expert option for the Host Utilities install command that installs the Host Utilities components but does not set timeouts or paths
And lots of other cool stuff, but these are the major high-lights, so get out there and download today! Hooray!