Are you familiar with VMware’s Hands On Labs? You know, that thing they make available at VMworld and filled with so much training, dedication, effort, awesomeness? If not, then you should be! One of the best kept secrets about it… Is if you go to the links that you THINK work for it, sometimes they don’t even work, they’ll TELL you about the Hands On Labs, but not provide an actual LINK to the hands on labs! Kind of distressing! :)
For example if you go to this awesome link you’ll find all about Project Nee, all the benefits, all of the details about the labs. But no where in there is an actual LINK which will take you to the labs! But don’t worry, you’ll be able to find it here, and various places throughout this blog post!
You can also check out and keep updated at the VMware Hands-On Lab (HOL) Blog which shares details about what’s new, and what else is going on!
- HOL-SDC-1401 – Cloud Management with vRealize Operations
- HOL-SDC-1420 – OpenStack with VMware vSphere and NSX
- HOL-SDC-1421 – Brokering IT Services and Applications with vCloud Automation Center
- HOL-MBL-1451 – Horizon 6 with View from A to Z
- HOL-MBL-1452 – Horizon View – Use Cases
- HOL-MBL-1453 – VMware Workspace Portal – Explore and Deploy
- HOL-MBL-1454 – Applied ThinApp with the Horizon Suite
- HOL-MBL-1455 – Managing Desktops with VMware Mirage
- HOL-MBL-1456 – Horizon DaaS – Explore and Deploy
- HOL-MBL-1457 – AirWatch – Explore and Deploy
And so much more. Seriously, there’s so many labs, so much useful content that it’s worth checking out. Oh and did I mention Free? Let me try again FREE!
This is seriously the best kept VMware Secret that you may never know about and likely didn’t realize how much you appreciate it. So check it out!
Tags: EUC, Free, Free Training, Horizon Suite, Project Nee, vmware, VMware Hands On Labs, VMware NSX
Posted in Education, Free, Virtualization, vmware | Comments (1)
Let me start off by saying, WOW. I mean Mega-WOW. If you haven’t watched the Keynote from 26AUG2014 yet you definitely ought to. This VMworld and this keynote focused on what has been taken for granted within the community and the virtualization space for years from a corporate perspective. This VMworld has focused all eyes and attention on the COMMUNITY. When the executives of VMware get up and say that the community matters, that the VMware Users Group organization is not only visible but also important to the mission and the success of their business; They are finally getting it! Today as it stands the VMUG organization has over 100,000 members. If you’re not one of those members, you should be. And if you are one of those members, continue to get involved, grow, rock!
But there have been so many other points which were hit on, discussed, leveraged. Down below is a breakdown of the items which they mentioned and respectively discussed, including where you can sign up for the Beta programs for some items. This is only a small portion of the products which will be unveiled, updated, released, so on and so forth! (There will be more references in the coming days)
This as a whole breaks down just a small section of what was discussed at the Keynote (General Session), What products were mentioned, and some little ones you ought to know about which were not directly mentioned THERE but instead were referenced elsewhere and are now able to be talked about.
- Policy as a Service (Congress – Being worked on by Tim Hinrichs and Peter Balland, Scott Lowe pointed them out to me at the CTO Booth.
- Mentioned briefly in the KeyNote but the further integrations and validation of the Government Cloud First Program – FedRAMP (Which is huge)
- A serious commitment to the Open Computing Project (OCP) joining as a Gold Member
There is much more which will come from this, not only announced today but the outliers and little enhancements (Which I’ll discuss in the next few blogs)
A look at some of the products featured today 26 AUG 2014!
Software-Define Your Data Center
Rapidly Scale Your Infrastructure
- VMware EVO: Rail
- EVO:RAIL announced partners: Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Inspur, Net One Systems and SuperMicro. More to follow!
The point is, this is just a taste of more to come. Look forward to Video interviews with Engineers, Architects, Founders and more on some of the game changers in the industry, as well as highlighting particularly cool technologies, and doing my best to avoid the companies with crappy products. <3
Tags: Congress, Policy as a Server, vCloud Air, VMware EVO, VMware NSX, vmworld, VMworld 2014, vRealize
Posted in Community, Virtualization, vmware, VMworld | Comments (0)