Let me start off by saying, WOW. I mean Mega-WOW. If you haven’t watched the Keynote from 26AUG2014 yet you definitely ought to. This VMworld and this keynote focused on what has been taken for granted within the community and the virtualization space for years from a corporate perspective. This VMworld has focused all eyes and attention on the COMMUNITY. When the executives of VMware get up and say that the community matters, that the VMware Users Group organization is not only visible but also important to the mission and the success of their business; They are finally getting it! Today as it stands the VMUG organization has over 100,000 members. If you’re not one of those members, you should be. And if you are one of those members, continue to get involved, grow, rock!
But there have been so many other points which were hit on, discussed, leveraged. Down below is a breakdown of the items which they mentioned and respectively discussed, including where you can sign up for the Beta programs for some items. This is only a small portion of the products which will be unveiled, updated, released, so on and so forth! (There will be more references in the coming days)
This as a whole breaks down just a small section of what was discussed at the Keynote (General Session), What products were mentioned, and some little ones you ought to know about which were not directly mentioned THERE but instead were referenced elsewhere and are now able to be talked about.
- Policy as a Service (Congress – Being worked on by Tim Hinrichs and Peter Balland, Scott Lowe pointed them out to me at the CTO Booth.
- Mentioned briefly in the KeyNote but the further integrations and validation of the Government Cloud First Program – FedRAMP (Which is huge)
- A serious commitment to the Open Computing Project (OCP) joining as a Gold Member
There is much more which will come from this, not only announced today but the outliers and little enhancements (Which I’ll discuss in the next few blogs)
A look at some of the products featured today 26 AUG 2014!
- vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand (Private Beta) sign up
- VMware vCloud Air Object Storage (Qualified Beta) sign up
Software-Define Your Data Center
Rapidly Scale Your Infrastructure
- VMware EVO: Rail
- EVO:RAIL announced partners: Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Inspur, Net One Systems and SuperMicro. More to follow!
The point is, this is just a taste of more to come. Look forward to Video interviews with Engineers, Architects, Founders and more on some of the game changers in the industry, as well as highlighting particularly cool technologies, and doing my best to avoid the companies with crappy products. <3