So, with TechEd 2 weeks away, here is an update on Parties going on!
For a Calendar of events, be sure to check out the Krewe which has a breakdown of the public events! http://www.expta.com/2009/04/krewes-teched-2009-calendar.html
Sunday May 10, 7PM – Party with Palermo
Monday May 11, 9PM – SpringBoard Series Community Influencers Party (Code: TEUS-TN)
Tuesday MAy12, 7PM – Trika Embeds bowling into TechEd Party scene at LuckyStrike – DevParty
Tuesday May 12, 8PM – ClusterFunk
Wednesday, May 13, 8PM – Krewe Pub Crawl
Thursday May 14, 6PM – Tech-Ed “Jam on IT” Party
And.. there’ll be others I’m sure. I’ll talk with the various Vendors to see what events they have planned and get back with updates :)
Tags: Clusterfunk, Krewe, Palermo, Party, Springboard, TechEd
Posted in Baltimization, Blog, Christopher Kusek, Microsoft | Comments (1)
If you remember that “Get On The Bus” Promotion I spoke about before, they’ve changed the game a bit more now! Now it’s not only easier, but it’s even easier than that!
Now, you have the opportunity to be rewarded like so:
- Free admission to TechEd 2009
- Hotel stay during the conference
- Return airfare from Los Angeles to your nearest major airport
- Your choice of:
- Airfare from your closest major airport to your choice of cities on the Career Express tour route, where you’ll meet the bus and ride the rest of the way to TechEd, or
- Airfare directly from your closest major airport to Los Angeles
That’s right! You can be flown to “get on the bus” *or!* You can get flown directly to TechEd itself! How’s that for amazing! It’s like winning one of those raffle contests we’ve all hoped and dreamed to win as children!
So, what does it take to win given light of the news of “I can go directly to TechEd!”
- Send us an e-mail with your name, MCP ID, and preferred contact info. Include a link to the essay we asked for (“Why I’m Passionate about Microsoft Learning and Certification”) and an optional video URL.
- You have until 9am Pacific time on Monday, April 20th to enter; we’ll select and notify up to 5 winners the next day.
- Full legal rules and restrictions here.
And let me break that down for you a bit if you’re at all misunderstanding:
You are required to:
- BE an MCP – Meaning you have an MCP ID, No ID, No Soup for you
- Provide a link to an essay you wrote about “Why you’re passionate about MS Learning and Certification”
- An essay does not mean, a resume, your webpage when it doesn’t include an Essay, or any other form of situation where in the end it does not equal your essay. If you want an example of what an essay looks like, read mine here:
- Get on the Bus: You mean I have to write an essay?!
- (Optional) Include a link to a Video, further stating your passion for MS Learning and Certification. Again, here is another example :)
Do all of this by April 20th and you’re in business! So, it’s never been so easy!
If you want to find more information about this – Read the source article from the Microsoft Learning Communities Blog Another Chance to Get on the Bus (or Fly Directly to TechEd!)
Whether you fly direct, or get on the bus – This will be an opportunity you’ll never forget!
Tags: Essay, Free, Get On The Bus, MCP, TechEd
Posted in Baltimization, Blog, Certification, Christopher Kusek, Free, Get On The Bus, Informational, Microsoft, Technology | Comments (1)
So, I can keep track, I’m making this list here for myself!
So, there is Party with Palermo
There is the unpublished ClusterFunk
Extracurricular Events Calendar for TechEd 2009
This is all I’ve taken the minute or two to find, so when I find out more, I’ll announce it ;)
Posted in Blog, Christopher Kusek, Microsoft, Technology | Comments (0)
What’s that you say? A free trip?! Where do I sign up, how can I win?!
If you missed my previous post Get On The Bus to TechEd! Deadline April 6th! there is an amazing opportunity to win not only recognition, food folks fun and adventure, but also a free ride all the way to TechEd!
The formal site for this contest has all of the details as does my above mentioned post, but just to give you a feel of what is required. You are expected to:
Play the Are You Certifiable Game and generate a score.
Write an Essay and publish it online, typically via a blog.
You get extra points if you create a video and make it available.
And then fill out your registration which you can find here and you’re on your way!
It’s very easy, and this weekend is the last chance to do it before it expires Monday at 9AM PST
Get on there, generate and compete! I really want to go, but I also really want to compete and make sure as many people as possible have this opportunity to not only Get On The Bus, but also to potentially attend TechEd as it’s an amazing opportunity and place to visit!
Also, if you have any questions about any of this, don’t hesitate to ask me, or certainly the folks over at MSLearning, but I’m a third party who WANTS you to succeed, so that’s a win :)
Tags: Essay, Get On The Bus, MSLearning, TechEd
Posted in Baltimization, Blog, Certification, Christopher Kusek, Education, Geek, Microsoft, Technology, Virtualization | Comments (2)
Here is my video submission for the Microsoft MSLearning “Get on the bus” contest.
If it isn’t too apparent, while I am an evangelist and consultant by nature – I am not a video editor in its own right ;)
Tags: certification, dentists, dogs, Get On The Bus, Microsoft, MSLearning, MurderousIntention, TechEd, Virtualization
Posted in Baltimization, Blog, Certification, Christopher Kusek, Microsoft | Comments (1)