Thinking about getting Certified? Not sure what to do? What the value is?
I’d like to point you to our good friends at Microsoft running a Certification 101 Live meeting.
*Begin Blatant Theft from the MSLCommunity :)*
After many suggestions from you, and from our dear friend Trika, we are hosting another Certification 101 Live Meeting. This one will take place on Tuesday, November 18th and will hopefully be the start of a regular schedule of these Live Meetings.
Audience: IT Professionals, developers who think they might like to get certified, but aren’t sure it’s right for them and/or aren’t sure where to start. People who have never taken a Microsoft exam and work with Microsoft products, or people who will be working with Microsoft in the very near future.
Registration: Join folks from the Microsoft Certified Professional team (including ME) to learn about the benefits and process of getting certified: choosing a certification path, preparing for your first exam, taking an exam, and what to expect after that. Click to register for:
- November 18, 2008 at 7:30 A.M. Pacific Time http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032394770&Culture=en-US)(What time is this in my region?)
- November 18, 2008 at 5:30 P.M. Pacific Time http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032394771&Culture=en-US (What time is this in my region?)
Here’s what we’ll talk about…
- what a technical certification can do for you–what is the goal?
- how to choose a certification track that will help you meet your goals – career or otherwise
- how do you know when you’re ready (expected experience level, time/money involved, etc)
- preparation options (what you need to know, how to learn it)
- the testing experience (registering, during the test, what happens when you’re done)
Our hope is to make this less intimidating for new people.
Please send the links around if you have co-workers or user groups who might find this helpful.
*End Blatant theft!*
Do check out and comment on their blog as well! this post Certification 101: Getting Started with Microsoft Certification and others are available there!