That’s right! If I ran into you (Hey Developers!) at TechEd I likely harassed you about this contest running from new CloudApp() !
While I am in no way affiliated with newCloudApp() I for one like to see people use their talents to win cold hard cash! Oh, and have some fun in the process! So what is the plan?
What Is It?
new CloudApp() is a US-based developer challenge for .NET & PHP developers creating cloud applications or services (hereafter “application”) on the Azure™ Services Platform. Have your application judged by industry leadersOm Malik and Michael Cote and share your cloud coding skills with other developers. Grand Prize Winners will be announced at Structure 09 and featured on azure.com.
- April 30: Contest Open
- June 18:Submission deadline
- June 19:Community voting starts
- June 25:.NET & PHP category winners announced @ Structure 09
- June 29:Community voting ends
- June 30:Community winner announced
What Could I Win?*
Winning submissions will:
- Be featured on www.azure.com as well as at major Microsoft events
- Be featured in a video interview on Channel 9
- Be announced at Structure 09
- Receive cash ($):
- NET App Category winner: $5,000 VISA gift card
- PHP App Category winner: $5,000 VISA gift card
- Community winner: $2,500 VISA gift card
So, seriously, step up! If you’ve never written an app for the Cloud before, now is the time when there is money on the table! MONEY ON THE TABLE? WHERE, SIGNZ ME UPS! err… Damn lolcatz! But seriously.. if this is your bag, as it were, no better time than the present for peer acceptance and pocketbook love! Check it out, and doooo it! :)