Well, sort of. They released it and then pulled it.
Palm/Treo has pulled the latest update for the Treo 700W’s from their website
With the message –
We anticipate that the Treo 700w updater will be available at a later date. If you have already installed the updater, please disregard this message
If however, you are one of the daring and wish to perform the update, go to the following site (which bypasses their warning unavailable message)
Installation instructions are available here:
The breakdown of what changes are available here:
* Includes Microsoft’s Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP) with Direct Push Technology for automatic wireless synchronization of email, calendar, contacts and, now, tasks (learn more)
* Enhances email capabilities for more support of push email solutions, such as WirelessSync and GoodLink, and of synchronization capabilities, such as the ability to maintain an “always on” data connection after POP or IMAP email synchronization and the ability to auto-synchronize all email accounts based on user setting.
* Updated memory management
* Pictures and Videos enhancements
* New Wireless Manager provides an updated interface for turning wireless radios on and off on your 700w smartphone
The update to the phone seems to go smoothly, and the deletion of Temp files doesn’t take nearly as long as ~30 minutes like they suggest.
In either event, it’s a definitely useful upgrade and I’ll mention shortly just how you can go about specifically utilizing it with Exchange SP2+MSFP Functionality.